1. To disagree is one thing; to be disagreeable is another.Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and only the pig have fun.
2. It will do no good to argue if you're in the wrong, and if you're right -- you don't need to.
3. Many an argument is sound -- and only sound!
4. The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you'll have.
5. Before you have an argument with your boss, you'd better take a good look at both sides -- his side and the outside.
6. The weaker the argument, the stronger the words.
7. Sometimes when you're arguing with a fool, he's doing the same thing.
8. An argument produces plenty of heat, but not much light.
9. You get out of an argument exactly what you put into it -- a lot of hot air.
10. In an argument the best weapon to hold is your tongue.
11. Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument is an exchange of ignorance.
12. A husband and wife in Montana make it a point not to argue over anything not worth arguing about. Of course, this leads to some dandy fights over whether or not a subject is worthwhile.
13. An argument is a collision in which two trains of thought are derailed.
14. If you must argue, the best way to win is to start by being right.
15. Don't argue at the dinner table. The one who is not hungry always wins the argument.
16. When an argument flares up, the wise man quenches it with silence.
17. Arguing about religion is much easier than practicing it.
18. It is a rare thing to win an argument and the other fellow's respect at the same time.
19. It is fair to hear both sides of an argument, it is heavenly to hear the end of it.
20. An ounce of facts is worth a ton of arguments.
21. More homes are destroyed by fusses than by funerals or fires.
22. There's one thing to be said of ignorance -- it causes a lot of interesting arguments.
23. When a man uses profanity to support an argument, it indicates that either the man or the argument is weak -- probably both.
24. What a great World this would be if people would spend as much energy practicing their religion as they spend quarrelling about it.
25. Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause.
26. Silence is one of the hardest things to refute.
27. Argument is the worst sort of conversation.
28. A sure way to stop a red-hot argument is to lay a few cold facts on it.
29. The only thing worse than being on the wrong side of an argument is being in the middle.
30. The only people who really listen to an argument are the neighbors.
p/s - someone sent the above to me. Credit to the orginal unknown author.